Wednesday Roll Call

IdaMae D.
on 8/9/11 7:59 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning PA;

Monday night when I got home from class there was a voice message for me from my brother.  "Dad is on hospice".  What a surprise and shock that was.  One would think that with a decision such as that someone, my brother, my dad, someone would have called me and said can you come down we need to sit down with the doctor and talk about dad's condition.  No, the decision was made without letting me know prior.  Mind you there are things in my family, my dad and I are by no means close or have a fuzzy relationship.  My brother and I have absolutly no relationship due to his manipulation and really evil persona.  So this would not be out of the ordinary for them to do something them call me and say "oh by the way".

On another note, came home from work to a completely flooded basement in the old portion of the house.  The new portion of the basement is underwater but that is normal since the contractor refuses to take care of the flaws that are causing this.  The old basement has never flooded as close to the family room as it was last night.  So no sleep early for me, fortunately Gene was visiting his mom at the hospital and was able to leave to come home and help me.  Even with Gene's help it took us a good 3 hours to clean it up.

One last surprise yesterday was at work.  Although it was not a total surprise because many of us had already heard the rumor, it was a surprise that it happened so quickely.  Our company was bought out by another health care organization.  Seems that it will be a positive with health care reform and as 2014 approaches the doors opening to more being eligible for Medicaid.

The GC finally sent Gene an action plan last night on how he plans to complete the house.  OMFG is all I can say.  This man has nerve!

Today I'm working till 4.  Then praying that I can actually come home to some rest.

Hope everyone has a great day...

Ida

IdaMae

bvohl
on 8/9/11 9:17 pm
Good Morning Ida and PA!

Ida, OMG!! I hope things calm down housewise! The family situation will probably not change so let it go! You have too much going on otherwise to let it bother you!!

Today, I have an appointment with a hemotologist at HUP. This is a second opinion. I have been seeing the same hemo for about four years now with no answers! They did every test possible to find out what is wrong with me including a bone marrow biopsy(OUCH) with no answers!!! It seems this dr at HUP is a pro, so hopefully he will have some type of answer or direction....I hope so, this wondering is really driving me CRAZY!!! Your mind can really play tricks on you when you let it!!

I am dropping Dee off with my friend while I go to the dr. I have no idea what tests he will want to run. I really HOPE I don't have to go through ANOTHER BM Biopsy! It was the WORST pain I have ever felt!!

Wish me luck! I will keep you updated on my medical mystery! Where oh where is Dr. House???

Love to all, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

lauraanne715
on 8/9/11 10:08 pm - Pottstown, PA
Beth--((((BIG HUGS))) I'll keep you in my thoughts today!! Hope you get some answers or at least a plan of action!! HUP is one of the best hospitals so take some comfort inthat!! If you need anything--let me know!

Much luv!
Laura

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

bvohl
on 8/9/11 11:30 pm
Thanks Laura!! I will keep you updated!!

Love, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

IdaMae D.
on 8/10/11 1:31 am - Philadelphia, PA
Beth;
Sending you hugs and praying that you get the answers that you seek.  If you are not happy with this hematologist, I have a very good one that I highly recommend.  I do hope you find your answers with the doc you are seeing today....

Ida

IdaMae

lauraanne715
on 8/9/11 10:14 pm - Pottstown, PA
Good morning PA--

Well I am excited to have internet again!!! Pottstown had a power outage of some sort on one of the Verizon lines and we have been without for two days...omg I have no idea how we did this back inthe day with no internet..lol it has been torture. I love my iPhone but getting on the internet through the phone is not as easy or as much fun...lol besides all I could really do was check FB and my mail...but we are online again and all is well!!! LOL

Today has me catching up on some work online for my ACT 48 course..straightening up the chaos that is supposed to be the nursery..omg I hope I don't go into labor early because  I AM SO NOT READY eek....

Gotta clean up the kitchen and maybe head over to the Wal-Mart and see if they have any cute area rugs for the nursery...still waiting on my summer school check to finish buying the rest of the big stuff for the Lil Sweet Pea..so of course I am an anxious momma...sigh...but I can only do what I can do at this point...besides the fact that after I shower and dress I am usually so exhausted I need a nap..lol

Hope everyone has a great day!!!!

Much luv!!
Laura

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

Lisa H.
on 8/9/11 10:39 pm - Whitehall, PA
 geez Ida.. you have just been through it, haven't you.. one thing after another.  Again, like was said before, the family crap is just that and will never change unfortunately.  I hope your dad is well taken care of since that is really the most important part of the equation.    Hope things at work are really improving with the changes.  You need something positive in your life.

Beth, good luck with the doc.. hope they can figure things out for you.  

As for me.. working til 3:30.  I have to run over to Dress Barn this morning when they open b/c I accidentally took home one of the sets of fitting room keys.. luckily it's not too far from here.  After work, I am going to relax for a bit and then head off to a friend's house for dinner and to hang out.  I may go there early and hang with her while she is getting her hair cut, but I'll see what happens after work. 

That's about it for me.  I hope everyone has a good day today.  I'm going to try!

My tracker

hers 

steffihope
on 8/9/11 10:54 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good morning Ida and PA - I am going to try to start posting regularly again.  So - here I am - dare I say I think I feel OK this morning.  The dog woke me up about 30 minutes ago.  I carefully got out of bed - I have been weak and lightheaded - so I am moving pretty slowly.  Let her out and sat down to the computer.  Haven't done this in over a week.

Today, the only plans are for me to head to the school board building on Broad Street.  Not a big fan of heading down there and I am still afraid to drive, although I am sure I could do a short one if necessary, but Larry is on vacation and Josh now has his permit - so why do I need to when I can be transported by two very capable men, right?!?!  I have to head there to renew my certification which I somehow let lapse, oh look, another paperwork problem....yes, I see the trend!  Then the rest of the day is without plans until dinner.  Maybe Larry will take the kids to my step-dads to swim this afternoon.  Tonight, we are having dinner with friends if I feel up to doing two different things as after dinner the Israeli Scouts are coming to my synagogue.  The Israeli Scouts are a talented group of college aged kids from the Israeli military who travel around America (I am sure other places as well) and perform and sing about Israel, judiasm and lots of other things.  They are unbelievably talented and so much fun.  I have been enjoying them since I was a camper in the 70's.  (PS - like Menudo - the scouts change from year to year.  Yeah -   I have NO idea where the Menudo refrence came from, just go with it!)

That will be about all I can handle!  Still recuperating.  Hope your Wednesday is pleasant!
dit657
on 8/9/11 11:11 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning all - many happy thoughts and well wishes going out to all of you struggling today with home, life, family and self - praying today is a better day for everyone.

I'm at work - overslept this morning - that is so NOT like me but I must have turned the alarm off yesterday when I got up and never turned it back on. Honestly not a huge deal since I'm not on a time clock or anything, but it does tend to throw the whole day off. I still managed to beat everyone but one in this morning, including my boss, who also overslept!

didn't work out last night but I did walk the dog once the big storms blew through our area - poor little guy was cowering in the closet but came out once they moved through - and the temps had dropped significantly so it was a nice evening for a walk.

Not much going on for me - was sort of hoping to meet some old work friends for lunch but I haven't heard from them so I guess that's not happening.

Hope everyone has a great day. Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Patricia R.
on 8/10/11 12:18 am - Perry, MI
Good Morning Ida,
When it rains, it pours.  Your stress level is high, and you certainly need to rest.  Hugs to you.

I overslept due to staying up to watch the Phillies.  I am glad my boss did not call me to work today.  I went in for a few hours yesterday, and then crashed.  I did not even get to my therapist's office.  I called and cancelled on him.  Now, I owe him $30, which I agree to pay because I failed to give him 24 hour notice, which I signed an agreement to do.

Today has me cleaning my kitchen and starting to pack it.  Cross your fingers.  My kitchen gets hot in the afternoon.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views